Becoming a Trustee / Volunteering
We couldn’t do what we do without the support of our amazing trustees and volunteers. Our Trustees and volunteers have been instrumental to our success and with your support we can achieve even more.
Our trustees and volunteers support us in many ways including fundraising, providing specialist advice, governance, investigating proposed planning developments, managing our social media and website and much more! Every single person makes a difference to the countryside that we all feel so passionate about. We value their contribution enormously.
By becoming a trustee or volunteering with us you’ll be part of a friendly team of like-minded people. You’ll gain new skills and we’ll give you the training you may need for your volunteering role. You can join in with our social events, attend workshops and take part in our annual national conference.
Want to be a part of CPRE North and East Yorkshire, the countryside charity? Search now for roles, more information – and a warm welcome!
What we offer
We think we’re a pretty great charity to give your time to. Here are just a few of the things we hope you can get out of supporting us:
• Use your skills and experience to contribute to the success of our charity and make a positive difference to the countryside
• Meet like-minded people and feel part of a team
• Enhance your CV by developing new skills, and gain valuable experience
• We’ll support you to develop in your volunteering role and provide you with relevant training
• We can give you a reference for your future work or volunteering
• Get involved with social events and workshops on a local and national level, including the annual CPRE conference
• And remember: we provide out-of-pocket travel expenses. We want everyone who wants to to feel able to support us.
We would love to hear from you if you can offer some time as a volunteer.
There are lots of ways you could get involved, for example:
- Becoming a Trustee
- Undertaking project work on issues including nature & wildlife, climate change, housing, transport, and water resources
- Monitoring planning and development proposals in your area
- Helping with our annual Children’s Writing Competition or Best Churchyard Competition.
- Assisting us with marketing and communications
- Providing specialist expertise in certain digital applications
- Taking photographs for use in our campaigning and communications
- Organising or helping out at events like our AGM or at talks to local groups
- Helping us to reach new members
If you are interested in getting involved, we would love to hear from you! To find out more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be a part of the movement
Want to be a part of CPRE North and East Yorkshire, the countryside charity?
We’re delighted to launch a new hub of information for our volunteers. We want to give you a first-class experience when you volunteer with us and this hub, Assemble, will be the one-stop-shop for all everything you need to know.
Ready to explore? Get stuck in by logging into the hub now.
We want you to have an excellent volunteering experience with us and to achieve this we’ve made commitments to our volunteers.
Search our current opportunities to find one that’s just right for you. We’d love to hear from you if you’ve other skills to offer or if you’ve any questions about volunteering. You can reach us on email@example.com